– Bjornerud, M. (2020). Timefulness, Utopian and Scientific. In Timefulness: How Thinking Like A Geologist Can H
Princeton University Pres.
– Brenner, Neil, and Christian Schmid. “Planetary Urbanization.” GSD Urban Theory Lab RSS, urbantheorylab.net
– Chan, Jeffrey K.H. “Urban Ethics in the Anthropocene: The Moral Dimensions of Six Emerging Conditions in Co
– Loder, Dave. “Monuments in the Age of the Anthropocene.” Academia.edu, www.academia.edu/33352958/Monu
– Ghosn, Rania, and El Hadi Jazairy. “Leviathan in the Aquarium.” Journal of Architectural Education, vol. 71, no.
– Hein, Carola. “Global Landscapes of Oil.” New Geographies 02: Landscapes of Energy, Edited by Rania Ghosn
– Servigne, Pablo, and Renaud Duterme. “The Coming Collapse.” CADTM, 28 Nov. 2016, www.cadtm.org/The-co
Consider the following questions in your responses (you can choose one reading to respond to specifically, or cur
themes that were touched on):
– Marcia Bjornerud, “Timefulness, Utopian and Scientific”.
How does urban design currently plan and design for multiple time scales? What are some ways that you could s
and future time?
– Neil Brenner + Christian Scmid, “Planetary Urbanization” & Jeffrey K.H. Chan “Urban Ethics in the Anthropocene
What opportunities does ‘planetary urbanization’ present now that it has collapsed the scale of regions that lie in-b
Are there sites or instances on the planet that are completely safe from urbanization? Is there something that hum
– Dave Loder, “Monuments in the Age of the Anthropocene”.
How do you think urban design and other adjacent disciplines can take lessons from some of the works touched o
considerate of a conscious future?
The post El Hadi Jazairy. “Leviathan in the Aquarium.” first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.